In recent years, showers have become just as much an important part of the bathroom as the bath. Whether you have a shower over your bath or a separate shower, there are some amazing shower products available on the market to choose from to give you a modern look and finish. Modern showers have become all the rage for bathrooms and the great news is that they can be affordable too. Many people now actually prefer having a shower to a bath and some have even made the decision to remove their bath tubs altogether giving them the option to have the ultimate modern shower.
Monsoon showers have become increasingly popular in recent years and they offer a relaxing feeling of standing under a waterfall. These amazing shower heads have been inspired by tropical monsoons and can be used for both walk in showers as well as shower and bath combinations. A monsoon shower head offers a truly luxurious appearance and is ultra modern looking just the part in a contemporary bathroom.
Monsoon showers are available in a variety of shapes and sizes depending upon the type of space you have for your shower. You can choose from both square and circular monsoon shower heads depending on your personal choice but both give fantastic results and create an enjoyable shower. You can even choose from a range of combination showers. You can enjoy the benefit of having a monsoon shower over head and a normal shower head below for those times when you just prefer a standard shower or for your children.
One of the most recent showering must haves are shower jets. These clever jets can be ideally placed wherever you choose in your showering space to give a spa like massaging feeling. These powerful shower jets are designed to help you to relax and soothe your aching muscles. Most are adjustable giving you the ability to manoeuvre the jets into a position that suits your body and aches and pains.
These jets mimic the benefits you would normally gain from a hydrotherapy pool but in the privacy and comfort of your own shower. You can have as many shower jets as you like installed and they come in a variety of styles to suit your bathroom.
Wet rooms make a great feature in any home and if done to a professional standard they can add value to any home. Wet rooms can incorporate just showers or both a shower and a bathing area depending upon the space you have. Wet rooms are ultra modern but can be expensive to install so if you have a small budget then this may not be for you. A wet room adds a degree of luxury to your bathroom and can be an amazing experience. Removing the need for a bath or a shower tray, wet rooms are a simple and fast way to have a shower. With both waterproof walls and flooring as well as a sloped floor in order for the water to drain easily, wet rooms are easy to clean and bring a touch of a spa to your home.
Keeping your bath clean can be easy if you follow a few simple tips. Your bath can very easily build up a combination of germs, lime scale, soap residue, hair and skin if it is not cleaned on a regular basis. All baths have a shiny surface when new, but this surface can be very easily damaged over time if it is not maintained correctly. You can prevent your bath from encountering long term damage by regularly cleaning the bath with the correct products. However, you can very easily damage your bath if you use abrasive harsh products.
Often when you purchase a bath, the manufacturer may offer advice on what products you should and shouldn’t use on your bath when cleaning it. Products that could damage your bath may include;
- Scourers and abrasive cloths – these may scratch the glazed surface of your bath, leave marks and open up the surface to further damage.
- Undiluted bleach – Bleach is a strong chemical that when used neat could very easily damage the glazed surface of your bath over time. Using bleach products is okay but you should be diluting them with water before pouring them onto your baths surface.
- Sharp objects – Often people are tempted to use a sharp object such as a knife to remove the build up of lime scale and dirt that may have collected around the plug area of the bath. However, this can cause deep scratches and open up your baths surface to far worse damage.
There are various techniques and products you can use that should prevent you from having to use any of the above products. Below are some handy tips to help you make light work of cleaning your bath.
- Cleaning products – There are many bathroom cleaning products you can buy that should be ideal and safe for cleaning your bath. Try and use something that cleans but also combats mildew and lime scale and this should prevent you having to buy and use multiple products. Most all purpose bathroom cleaners are more than suitable.
- Application – Once you have chosen your bathroom cleaner, it is a good idea to apply the product to your bath and leave it for just a few minutes so it can get to work on dissolving that stubborn grime. This should make it easier for you to clean and you shouldn’t need to use an abrasive cloth or sponge to remove the grime.
- Stubborn Grime – If you have stubborn grime around your taps and plugs that doesn’t seem to be shifting with an ordinary cloth then there are a couple of options you can try. If you have a hand held steam cleaner then these can be great for removing this kind of grime. If you don’t then something simple like an old toothbrush can give you great results and shouldn’t damage the surface.
- Rinse – After each time you clean your bath, make sure you rinse all of the cleaning solution away thoroughly. Any remaining cleaner can damage your bath if it is left for long periods of time. Each time you use your bath or even shower if it is over your bath, try to ensure you rinse away any remaining hair or soap and this should help to prevent a large build up of grime.
- Drips – Always make sure that you don’t leave any taps or shower heads dripping into your bath. Constant dripping can and will cause staining on your bath if it is not rectified. Make sure your taps are completely turned off and if there is a leaky tap then get it repaired ASAP.
Choosing the right bathroom can be difficult. There seems to be so many designs now from contemporary to traditional, all of which are equally stunning, so how do you choose? It is very easy to become overwhelmed by all the different styles of bathrooms available and knowing which one will look best in your home isn’t always an easy decision. Below are some handy tips for you to consider before choosing your bathroom that may help you to decide which style is the best option for you, contemporary or traditional.
One of the first things to consider when deciding on a new bathroom is the size of the space you have. Traditional bathrooms tend to require quite a spacious bathroom due to the designs of the furnishings. Roll top, slipper, boat and double ended baths are some of the most popular traditional bath styles but they do take up a considerable amount of space. Traditional baths do tend to be free standing and therefore need space to achieve the right look. A contemporary bathroom will help you to make the most of a limited space whereas a traditional bathroom will take up a lot of space.
Another thing to consider is the existing style of your home. If the rest of your home has a fairly modern and contemporary feel to it, then a traditional bathroom may seem a little out of place in your home. However, if your home is a period property with lots of traditional characteristics throughout then a traditional style bathroom may fit perfectly in your home while a contemporary bathroom would seem odd. The key within your home is to follow your style all the way through from top to bottom.
Luxurious bathrooms are easily achieved. If you are someone who enjoys gadgets and wants added luxury in the bathroom then a contemporary bathroom is ideal for you. With a contemporary look you can enjoy luxuries such as jacuzzi jets within you bath, fountain style taps, monsoon showers and the ultimate luxury of a built in TV within your bathroom. These kinds of luxuries just do not fit with a traditional style bathroom. If these are must have elements to your dream bathroom then a contemporary bathroom would suit your needs.
Cost is one of the biggest considerations you need to make. If you have a small limited budget for your bathroom then it is best not to be too extravagant. Contemporary bathroom packages are available at very reasonable prices whereas a traditional bathroom could be far more expensive to achieve. For example, a roll top bath can be quite costly compared with a contemporary modern suite.
The above are considerations that may help you to decide on whether you should go with a contemporary or traditional bathroom in your home.
Most of us believe that once our bath tub is damaged or chipped that it is time to find a replacement. However, that is just not the case. It is possible to have your bath repaired no matter what type of bath you may have. Bath tubs come in various materials but all of these are actually repairable,Read More»
Most of us love to have the perfect bath. If chosen correctly the perfect bath can help you to relax, unwind, de-stress, ease aches and pains as well as aid in a good night’s sleep, so it’s no wonder we are all drawn to a good bath! However, choosing that perfect bath is not an easy decision and as it can be an expensive one it deserves some serious consideration beforehand. Below are some of the factors you should consider before you purchase your bath.
If you are in the market for a new bath then you need to consider the dimensions of space that you have. Don’t make the fatal mistake of purchasing your dream bath without first checking whether or not it will even fit. Many people make the mistake of buying before they have checked and it can prove to be an expensive error if the company you buy from aren’t prepared to do a straight exchange for you.
There are now various shapes on offer when it comes to the perfect bath. With everything from the traditional roll top to a P shaped, L shaped, circular or even corner bath, the choices are endless. You may have an idea of what you think would look best in your bathroom but ensure the shape is right for the space you have.
The materials on offer for baths are now quite vast and you have a multitude of options available to you. It is best to go and see different material baths and consider your decision. With everything from cast iron, acrylic and steel to copper and fibreglass, each having their unique benefits.
- Copper baths – Ideal for their durability and low maintenance. Not only is copper easy to maintain but it also looks unique and stylish but can be expensive.
- Steel baths -Are durable and solid. They can be cold when you first get in but are hard wearing and have a traditional and elegant look.
- Cast iron baths – These baths will retain heat and are extremely durable lasting for many years. Cast iron baths are also not as easy to scratch, dent or chip.
- Acrylic or fibreglass baths – These are by far the much cheaper option. They are light in weight because of the way they are constructed but can discolour very easily. They are the most commonly purchased baths.
Always consider the quality of a bath before you buy. You can find some real bargains on the market but these can often compromise on quality. You don’t want to have to replace your bath within a couple of years due to discolouring, scratches or cracking. Be aware that with acrylic baths there can be different thicknesses so it is advisable to check this before you commit to a purchase. When it comes to the perfect bath, sometimes it is worth those extra pennies to ensure it lasts.
Make sure when you are purchasing your bath that you don’t forget comfort. Often people like to buy baths because they look unique, modern and stylish but then find that they are most uncomfortable to actually use. If you are going to purchase a new bath then it should be something you can use and enjoy. Don’t be afraid to visit bath stores and actually take your shoes off and lie down in the baths to test how they feel. Check the bath offers you the support you want and need.
Baths are now becoming more and more advanced and added extras are something you need to consider. Baths now come with all kinds of added extras, from whirlpools and jets to i-pod docking stations and lights. Before you go ahead and purchase something very expensive with added extras, consider first the cost and how much you may use them. If you like to lie in a relaxing bath and listen to music then an i-pod docking station is a great extra for you to have. Think hard about what makes your individual bath perfect and go for that.